4-Week Strength Schedule
Welcome to a '4-Week Strength Focused Fun Moves Schedule'. This schedule was designed to get you moving, and feeling strong physically and mentally. This schedule is entirely low impact, and strength focused. Expect to work on our 5 main movement patterns: Squat, Hinge, Row, Push, and Lunge. If you feel like you need assistance with any of those movements PLS check out the 'How To' series prior to starting. There are lots of hidden tips, tricks, and tools in there to help you and your body get the most out of these movements.
Ideally this schedule is to be completed over a 4 week period, starting whenever you feel comfortable. Download the PDF calendar, and/or Insta template to follow along. There are 4 workouts to be completed each week. Always remember that this schedule is a guideline to help you stay on track with getting moving, feeling good, and having fun. If you miss a day, or need to replace a day with a mellow stretch, or walk absolutely *NO STRESS*.
Some hot tips for having fun during this schedule:
1. Tell a friend, family member, or pal about your schedule. Maybe even get them to join in with you. Movement buddies rule!
2. Check out the 'How To' series for any movements you feel like you need some extra assistance with.
3. Decide what time of the day is best for you to complete your workouts and stick with it. Morning person? Lunch break? After work? Pick a time, schedule it in, and make it happen. Even better if you have your movement buddy ;)
4. If printing out the schedule helps to keep you on track go for it. You can also download the insta template to share with your pals for accountability.
5. Join the AFFM Community Hub :)
6. ALWAYS remember that this schedule was created for YOU. If completing the workouts in 5 weeks works best for you? Do that! Want to add on more STRETCH workouts into the routine? Go for it! Need more REST days? Take them!
7. Need any help or have Q's? email me at [email protected] or send me a DM @afewfunmoves
30min All Core | STRENGTH
About: This workout will work your deep/inner core which is made up of your diaphragm, multifidus, pelvis floor, and transverse abdominals. This workout should leave you feel strong from your centre to help you feel powerful throughout the rest of your limbs. Expect to plank, dead-bug, sid...
20min Full Body AMRAP Style | STRENGTH
About: Give this full body AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) style workout a try. Expect to squat, press, deadlift, and row. Your AMRAP is:
8 Squat to Press
8 Single Legged Deadlift --> 8 Rows
8 Leg Lowers/Side
In case you want a visual of what you are doing :)
Equipment: 2 light-medium ...
30min Upper Body | STRENGTH
About: Lets get your shoulders, and back feeling strong to help support you for the week ahead!
Equipment Needed: 2 medium-light weights, 1 medium weight, and a chair to use for supported single armed rows.
15min Shoulders + Neck | STRETCH
About: Neck and shoulders feeling tense, or tight? Give this quick shoulder, and neck mobility sequence a whirl. This is awesome to do as a mid day movement snack, or maybe before or after your favourite upper body focused workout if you feel like your shoulders need some extra love.
34min Lower Body + Glute's | STRENGTH
About: A lower body, and glute focused strength workout. Perfect for those of you who are runners, cyclists, or winter sports fans! Expect lots of good unilateral (single sided) movements. Don't mind me losing my balance at times.... Hokas :)
Equipment: 2 medium weights